What Is Green Building?
Green building is Standard Practice of Designing and creating sustainable and eco-friendly infrastructure, using materials which have less impact on environment.
Water & Energy Efficiency, Consumption of materials & Natural Resources and reduction in waste, pollution are main criteria for Green Building Certifications provided mainly by USGBC, IGBC and GRIHA.
Green building is a great place to start, as buildings consume 14% of potable water, 40% of raw materials, and 39% of energy in the United States alone (according to the US Green Building Council). That’s 15 trillion gallons of water and 3 billion tons of raw materials each year! If that’s not enough to convince you, here are some other reasons to go green.
Green building isn’t just good for the environment; it’s also good for YOU. Sustainable design and technology enhance a resident’s overall quality of life by improving air and water quality and reducing noise pollution.
Green buildings incorporate several sustainable features such as efficient use of water, energy-efficient and eco-friendly environment, use of renewable energy and recycled /recyclable materials, effective use of landscapes, effective control and building management systems and improved indoor quality for health and comfort.
Green developers and builders create healthier working, learning, and living environments with more natural light and cleaner air. Working and living in such buildings improves occupant health, comfort, and productivity. By building green, developers save money by reducing construction costs and creating sustainable buildings that are in high demand. Owners save money by reducing operation and maintenance costs, lowering utility bills, and increasing occupant productivity.
The benefits of green buildings are immense for the end users in the long-run with energy savings water savings in both landscape and bathrooms, better air quality in the surroundings and excellent day lighting due to design features, image enhancement of the project.
If home buyers do adequate research they can understand that the maintenance cost of Green buildings are less than normal flats.
- Better health and Hygiene
- Natural light and associated better ambience and tranquillity
- Reduced dependency on portable water
- Low energy bills
- Play areas for children
- Saves Water: 30% to 40%
- Saves Electricity: 15% to 20%
- Saves Material and Construction Time
- Low Operational Cost: 25% to 30%
- Improved Indoor Space Quality
- Global Recognition
- Increased Property Values
- Increased Occupant Productivity
- Sales Improvement
Our Green Services
- Consultancy in Green Building Design.
- Designing energy-efficient Buildings, Eco – Housing projects and providing clearances viz. High Rise, MOEF Clearance.
- Facilitation of Green Certifications such as LEED, Eco-Housing, GRIHA etc.
- Energy Simulation studies for Architects, HVAC, and Electrical & Plumbing Consultants.
- Building System Commissioning.
- Green Building Initiative – Green Globe.
- Green Guidelines for Projects.
- Rainwater Harvesting for green projects.
- Green energy study like solar energy for all types of projects.
- Green energy study like wind energy for all types of project.